Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Chapter Four: But That's Not All


Luke bent down to smell the tomatoes. What were ripe tomatoes supposed to smell like?


He shook his head as he continued to make his salad. "You know that I'm the only person I know at my school who makes his own dinner?"

"Good for you," his father replied proudly.



"How is your school work going?" his mom asked at their next dinner time. Again, one where Luke had prepared his own meal.


"It's okay," he replied.

"Just okay?" she pushed.

"I mean what else can it be. I'm up either practicing the violin, strategizing chess moves, working out, cooking! I have no time to do what I want!" He burst out.

They remained quiet for the rest of the meal until his mother excused herself.


"You guys expect so much from me," Luke admitted to his father.

"I know," he said solemnly. "Both your mom and I are so proud." 


After dinner, Luke went on his normal jog to help improve his fitness skills. 


"Do you think we're pushing him too hard?" Clarissa asked Déshì.

"No," Déshì replied, "well I don't think so at least. Do you think he's ready?"


Luke was definitely burning the candle from both ends. 


He became an absolute master at multi tasking, and it was rare when he was found without a cup of coffee in his hands.


(He actually became a little too accustomed to the habit.)


Unfortunately, both Clarissa and Luke experience the loss of his father. 


Déshì passed away from natural causes.


Clarissa was absolutely grief-stricken. Yet, she still pushed Luke to improve his skills and excel in school.


Though it wasn't too long before Clarissa joined her partner.


Luke was orphaned. He was responsible for running the home, paying bills, going to school, and trying to make his parents proud (wherever they were.)


Finally, Luke decided to take a day off and throw a party.


It was perfect timing since it was his birthday.


Even though Luke had to celebrate without his parents...


...he was not alone.

 


Luke Chen-Clark
DOB: 04/10/20XX
Genius
Creative
Active
Mentally Gifted
Morning Sim
Gym Rat
Night Owl
Quick Learner
Great Storyteller
End status level 136 





1 comment:

  1. Wow, this challenge got hard fast. The death of his parents really slowed Luke's development down. I didn't get the high score I was hoping for, but I'm really proud of how many skills he gained!

    ReplyDelete