Monday, August 17, 2015

Chapter Two: Then Comes Marriage?


Clarissa swore that the harder she tried the more Déshì pulled away. Whose idea had it been to pair them? They obviously went together as well as oil and water. 



Déshì couldn't understand why he and Clarissa weren't pairing together better. Was the issue him? Or did he just expect chemistry that would never be there?


"Let's look at the stars tonight," he told her leading her outside. 

"I'm wearing my night gown."

"It will be fine he promised," as they plopped down on the grass next to one another.

"Do you think that we're going to fail?" Clarissa asked shyly.

"I don't fail," Déshì said confidently, "and I doubt that you do either." He then let out a chuckle, "there's the north star."

"Ah, and look we can see Saturn," Clarissa sighed pleasantly.

They spent the rest of the night naming constellations. 


The next morning they went out on the patio and looked up at the clouds.

"That one looks like a fish," Clarissa giggled.

"Well that one looks like a turtle being chased by a mongoose," Déshì  replied.

Clarissa let out a snort, "I guess I can see that."


From then on, their conversations became more natural. No longer were they only two people brought together by a government order. 


Déshì and Clarissa actually did have chemistry. 


They even decided to become officially boyfriend and girlfriend. 


"I think I'm ready," Clarissa told Déshì.

"Me too," he agreed.



It was very awkward at first, but Déshì and Clarissa soon got into the swing of things. 


Plus, as a bonus, this meant no more sleeping on the couch!


As soon as she possibly could, Clarissa took a pregnancy test.

I wonder if this is it, she thought as she waited for the result to appear.

She bit her lip nervously. If a little plus came up, this would mean their lives were going to take a whole new direction.


"It's positive," she smiled as she announced the news to Déshì.

"Well let's celebrate with pancakes!" 


Déshì overdid it a bit, and the couple had their first kitchen fire.


...which they shared in the extinguishing of.

Life went by pretty normally after that, Clarissa's stomach grew as the pair worked on their separate careers. 


"What do you think it is?" Déshì asked one night.

"Do you mean the gender?" Clarissa clarified.

"Yeah," he added, "I'm hoping for a boy."



"I really haven't thought about it," Clarissa admitted. "Honestly, I was thinking once we have he...or she...which one of us is going to have to stay at home?"

"What do you mean?" Déshì inquired.

"Well it'll be impossible to fulfill our duty with both of us working full-time."




"Well I love my job," Déshì added.

"As do I," Clarissa smiled. "So what's going to be best for baby?"

"Well we can't both not work...that would be bad for baby."

"Definitely," Clarissa agreed. "I never thought of that as a possibility. Babies are expensive."

"So, I guess logically, whoever makes less money should be the stay-at-home parent."


No comments:

Post a Comment